Mobile app - remote control: which OS?

Which OS will be supported by the app? I wish it would be available for Windows 10 [both mobile and universal app], since I’m not going to use any kind of Android device in near future.

2 Likes

I will ask our mobile app developers. I’m affraid they count only with android + ios.

1 Like

+1 on win 10 universal app. You can convert ios app. https://github.com/Microsoft/WinObjC/

3 Likes

It would be great, if the Android app would’nt be only available on Google Play but on F-Droid as well. Some of us have their devices flashed with clean custom ROMs like Cyanogenmod or Omnirom without Google apps.

4 Likes

I’d like to see a Windows 10 UWP app as well. As t’s my preferred platform.

3 Likes

I would like to have Windows Phone 10 app too!

It seems that the Windows Phone - as we currently know it - is dead:

1 Like

As far as I know there is nothing like Windows Phone 10 … there was Windows Phone 8 (which is dead) and Windows 10 Mobile (UWP) which I hope will spread more on the market. Best GUI answer for all OS imho should be HTML5 responsive design.

1 Like

Me too. I asked it already on indigogo and also here. There was no clear answer regarding the app but they said that a good mobile page will be programmed too…

IMHO: I hate this app-shit… A good webpage is most of the times better…

the web browser on you smartphone is also an app, just sayin’ :wink:

2 Likes

+1. From a usecase point of view I never understood why they came up with this strech goal. Router administration isn’t something most users get involved with several times a day and if they do they are probably developers and won’t need the app.

On the other hand the app is maybe intended as a prototype implementation of a NETCONF client. If the app legitimates the development of NuCI (Netconf based interface to OpenWrt UCI) I’m fine with it. :slight_smile:

1 Like