Minidlna not seeing any files after latest patch

Hi all, the latest patch once again wrecked my config. My Omnia stopped properly mounting my NTFS disk via my initscript Fixed that, but I still have a persistent issue with MiniDLNA not being able to see any of the files on the mounted disk.

I have checked the file permissions on the NAS, they are all set to 777.
tried rebuilding the DB file via minidlna -R
minidlna log is full of “upnphttp.c:1052: warn: HTTP Connection closed unexpectedly” which I think is just my LG TV trying to grab all the data. No other relevant info there.

Posting the config if you could please check it for anything I might have overlooked:

config minidlna ‘config’
option enabled ‘1’
option interface ‘br-lan’
option friendly_name ‘OpenWrt DLNA Server’
option db_dir ‘/var/run/minidlna’
option log_dir ‘/var/log’
option inotify ‘1’
option serial ‘12345678’
option model_number ‘1’
option album_art_names ‘Cover.jpg/cover.jpg/AlbumArtSmall.jpg/albumartsmall.jpg/AlbumArt.jpg/albumart.jpg/Album.jpg/album.jpg/Folder.jpg/folder.jpg/Thumb.jpg/thumb.jpg’
option notify_interval ‘300’
option port ‘8200’
option root_container ‘.’
list media_dir ‘/mnt/nas/Media’

Any help would be appreciated!

looks like mine - i have my db_dir on my ext hd though

option db_dir '/mnt/sda1/minidlna'

i also have my media dirs with the media type like

list media_dir 'V,/mnt/sda1/video'

but i don’t think that would make much difference. have you tried just restarting the minidlna service?

Yup, tried restarting both the service and the router itself

So I manually deleted the DB file and forced it to recreate one (first by stopping the service, then minidlna -R) and it seems to be working now. Which is slightly weird, as I tried the same thing yesterday and it didn’t make a difference.

Why you do this to me :angry:

I had another issue, my minidlna service was disabled by last update. At least I think it was caused by last update, because I didn’t changed anything.

try to change how miniDLNA treat the content (i have option root_container 'B' for “Browsing” and having no issues"
Also another stuff is if the ext drive is ntfs or/and you have incorrect access rights/owner(group).

Ad_update: there were several services disabled by latest update, you have to check your config and re-enable it.