Ma5671A SFP issues on turris os 5.0.3

On turris 6.0.1 still doesnt work MA5671a and G-010s-p (tx indicates fault) but in other routers like mikrotik works well

Tested G-010S-A to be recognized by TUrris needs to be hardware modified the module ( Instructions here).

after modying doesnt work too says tx transmit fault but establishes connection internally to the module.

The module works well in other devices like mikrotik

On the bright side, CPG0S03-0490 V2.0 now works without any custom patches.
The download speeds dropped to about 860 Mbit/s, but it’s better than having to build the kernel after each upgrade.

Im having issues with this module too because i cant get internet on it, i retetted to default turris it but its not working on turris. what version of turris os are you using? you are using vlan to coonect?

I’m currently on 6.0.4, but it worked on previous 6.x versions, at least starting from 6.0.2.
This is with the same configuration as in 5.x, only there I had to also patch the kernel.

Yes, by setting the WAN device to eth2.35 in luci.

However, now I’m wondering. Does the module work for you in any device?
To make it work with my provider I had to use an additional script that generates fake OMCI packets to update some entity IDs.

Yes the module works, and via MC220L and mikrotik CCR2004 i got internet. Its very strange behavior. Im going to test in the second turris for check if is it a issues with my main turris omnia.

Its a clean install form medkit? or is a updated install ?

I installed 5.2.5 from medkit in 2021 and have been updating to newer HBS releases ever since.

If I understand, there’s currently no way to make the MA5671A module work on turris omnia?

Maybe with a chinese firm (if you want the firmware to test send proivate) its going to work because disables TX_ERROR internally

i cant test it because my gpon ploam is hex and only accepts ascii

1 Like

Do you have the source of this firmware?

the firmware source is 【2023.02.08更新】华为MA5671A、阿尔卡特G-010S-P及Nokia G-010S-A个人修改版固件-OPENWRT专版-恩山无线论坛 - Powered by Discuz! you need use translator…

Hello i have some news.

Carlitoxpro CPOGS03-0490 V2 recognizes its but Doesnt work

Odi DFP-34X-2C2 works well

Ubiquiti UF-Instant recognizes it but doesnt work here the error

sfp: module is not supported - phys id 0xb5 0xe3

Zisa OP151S Woirking with issues.doesnt recognize it and doesnt change to sfp interface cold boot issue you need to wait 2 min and the reboot turris

Zyxel PMG3000-D20B same behavior as ZISA OP151S

with the last 2 models (zisa and zyxel) was working well under turris os 3.0 if i remember it

2 Likes

MA5671A with original root firmware its working! but in the sfp module is needed to enter in serial mode to disable pin
There are the comands to disable serial and gpio TX fault on the sfp module (not valid for modified firmware)

fw_setenv asc0 1
fw_setenv preboot "gpio set 3;gpio input 100;gpio input 105;gpio input 106;gpio input 107;gpio input 108"
1 Like

HALNY HL-GSFP working but doesnt recognize when you power cycle and doesnt change to sfp interface, so need to wait 2min to start and reboot the turris omnia to recognize it

With some 45 second delay while booting it works each time

Edit: Sorry for necro-bumping :wink:

Hi @backon,

Thank you for your herculean efforts here. I missed this post last year and I’m trying to get my G-010S-A working. I ran the commands you listed above, and there were no errors. I then committed, and rebooted the change and i’m getting this error when i run dmesg | grep sfp:

[ 8.031775] sfp sfp: Host maximum power 3.0W
[ 8.358612] sfp sfp: module ALCATELLUCENT 3FE46541AA rev 0001 sn ALC LF923F3D0 dc 200613
[ 8.368023] sfp sfp: Unknown/unsupported extended compliance code: 0x20
[ 29.501928] sfp sfp: module removed
[ 30.258690] sfp sfp: module ALCATELLUCENT 3FE46541AA rev 0001 sn ALC LF923F3D0 dc 200613
[ 30.268080] sfp sfp: Unknown/unsupported extended compliance code: 0x20

Did I misunderstand that this SFP would work? Or do I need to figure out how to flash the hacked firmware above from the chinese website to my sfp?

Also sorry for necro-bumping

About the G-010S-A was working in the 5.03 version but i havent tested it in the last version

Another SFP module that works and recognizes OK is the Nokia G-010S-Q (i cant test it with my olt because is incompatible and doesnt link but turris recognizes it correctly)

Ok good to know, I definitely didn’t clue in to the testing being only on OS 5.0.3. I apologize for that mistake.

Can you test on the latest version and let me know what you see?

I’d love to test the Nokia G-010S-Q, but sadly my ISP is very particular and won’t support what i’m doing with any other SFP but the one they provide.

Thank you in advance for your help/response!

I have checked now and works. In my SFP module have a mod in the pin 6 because this doesnt work in any router like mikrotik without the mod.
solder more info here
only need to solder over the resistor to fix that

https://rsaxvc.net/blog/2020/8/15/Nokia_G-010S-A_Pin_6_Issue.html

1 Like

(post deleted by author)