LXC: lxc-create fails due to missing SSL

Looks like this has popped up again, I am experiencing the same errors as omichalek, 1201 and 274.

zaantar’s workaround worked for me, making an Ubuntu Bionic container, like so:
lxc-create -n nas -t download -B best – -d Ubuntu -r Bionic -a armv7l --no-validate

Hello guys,

We were able to reproduce your issue. Right now, it’s a few minutes after midnight in the Czech Republic even in this period I was successful to be in touch with @miska and this issue, which may seem same for you, it’s different and we have plan to look at it during the day as the fix is not simple. For now, I’d kindly ask you for patience. Once it would be fixed, we will tell you and it doesn’t need to release a new version of Turris OS.

1 Like

@Pepe Thank you, I am looking forward to it!
@rdparis I didn’t use the --no-validate option and
did not specify distro either - that could be the reason

Hello guys,

I have good news for you! It’s fixed.

1 Like

Thank you, your work is appreciated.

Thank you all, it downloaded successfully!

hello everyone, I am trying to create new container again after a while but I get the same error again:

(...)
Distribution: debian
Release: buster
Architecture: armv7l

Downloading the image index
ERROR: Couldn't find a matching image.
lxc-create: lxccontainer.c: create_run_template: 1201 container creation template for kont failed
lxc-create: lxc_create.c: main: 274 Error creating container kont

what is wrong please?

It’s probably due to the use of only lowercase names. Distribution and release names start with capital (uppercase) letters. It should be written as:

Distribution: Debian
Release: Buster
Architecture: armv7l

You can see all of the names in the list which lxc-create displays (look here for an example).

1 Like

oh yes, you are right! thank you

1 Like