Luci: configuration backup not available?

I’m trying to backup my configuration, but the Luci -> Backup / Flash firmware is no longer available. And Foris fails with “Error 500 Internal Server Error”, so I can’t backup from there. Can I create the tarball somehow on the shell? The standard openwrt /sbin/sysupgrade tool isn’t available on the Omnia.

I’m using TurrisOS 5.0.0 21454a772bd8ccf13923db37a9bf02e48abeb278 / LuCI branch git-20.154.47914-8bf301a

Hi,

Would you please try to update your router once again? There are two options for how you can do that.
You can try to reboot your router and once it boots up, it will try to continue with update, if it detected that it was not finished or update itself automatically if you don’t use approvals. Another possibility is to run pkgupdate on your router.

Using sysupgrade is not possible and reasons were said on this forum, but if you want to brick your router with it, feel free to do that. That’s why it was removed and just by one mistake it was present in Turris OS 4.x.

If Foris throws you internal error 500, you should check syslog if there is anything interesting. This one seems to me like an unfinished update.

I already tried running pkgupdate (and rebooting):

# pkgupdate 
INFO:Target Turris OS: 5.0.0
WARN:Package wpad is in cyclic dependency. It might fail its post-install script.
WARN:Package hostapd is in cyclic dependency. It might fail its post-install script.

I don’t see any errors in /var/log/messages:

Jun  6 14:38:22 ap-living updater[11099]: repository.lua.lua:43 (Globals): Target Turris OS: 5.0.0
Jun  6 14:38:31 ap-living updater[11099]: planner.lua:376 (pkg_plan): Package wpad is in cyclic dependency. It might fail its post-install script.
Jun  6 14:38:31 ap-living updater[11099]: planner.lua:376 (pkg_plan): Package hostapd is in cyclic dependency. It might fail its post-install script.
Jun  6 14:39:01 ap-living crond[11260]: (root) CMD (/usr/bin/rainbow_button_sync.sh)
Jun  6 14:40:01 ap-living crond[11410]: (root) CMD (/usr/bin/notifier)
Jun  6 14:40:01 ap-living crond[11415]: (root) CMD (/usr/bin/rainbow_button_sync.sh)
Jun  6 14:40:01 ap-living crond[11408]: (root) CMDOUT (There is no message to send.)
Jun  6 14:41:01 ap-living crond[11603]: (root) CMD (/usr/bin/rainbow_button_sync.sh)
Jun  6 14:42:01 ap-living crond[11752]: (root) CMD (/usr/bin/rainbow_button_sync.sh)
Jun  6 14:43:01 ap-living crond[11899]: (root) CMD (/usr/bin/rainbow_button_sync.sh)

Note: I have modified my omnia to work as access point only. So the configuration is heavily customized (no firewall, no wan, no dhcp or dns, etc) compared to the default configuration. Maybe that’s the reason for the foris error?

1 Like

Ok. It shouldn’t mind that you are using Turris Omnia as AP, however to investigate why the Foris shows you internal error 500, it is good to reach our guys from the technical department available on tech.support@turris.cz and they will take care of you, there! Also, they will investigate why it happened to you.

It might be helpful if you send some more logs according to page Getting help. In this cas,e it should be good if you generate diagnostics from CLI by following command.

/usr/share/diagnostics/diagnostics.sh -o /tmp/diagnostics.txt && gzip /tmp/diagnostics.txt

Once it finished, you will see tarball in /tmp and that one needs to be sent to us. You don’t need to delete it from /tmp as it will be deleted once you reboot your router.

I send an email with the diagnostics to tech support.

In the meantime, does anyone how to generate the backup tarball manually? I assume it’s a script somewhere?

the repo provides schnapps export. The compressed archive can then be download to any client, even uploaded to CZ.NIC cloud for backup.