LTE multiples questions and i hope answers

I use a Quectel EC25EFA-512-STD internal 3G/4G LTE card
I’ve followed your turris LTE guide and i mostly successful access to internet in lte.
Why mostly ? cause i have instability. Some time it work well, some time not.
Perhaps it’s my provider, but i don’t have the same issue when the sim is in my phone.

I’ve make some search and i have questions :

• why in luci, network, interface, the LTE mac is : MAC-Address: 00:00:00:00:00:00
  • in the lte configuration, i’ve selected : UMTS/GPRS/EV-DO i’ve seen NCM there LUCI-NCM and there OpenWrt-NCM but it’s not available on the turris omni with my actual package. is’it the same ? and alternative ? For usb dungle only and not for internal cards ?
  • i also here about QMI mode / NDIS and they pretending using it give more stability to the lte connection. What do you think about that ?
  • following your guide, i’ve configured 3G-LTE on /dev/ttyUSB2 but when i want signal informations, i access to the same hardware by /dev/cdc-wdm0 (uqmi -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --get-signal-info) what the difference between these to interface ?
  • i’m trying to tweak and optimize my 3G/4G/LTE signal. The only way i’ve found is by printing uqmi -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --get-signal-info as many time as need, and running speedtest. I’ve here about 3Ginfo but i don’t found it in repos. I’ve found similar webui in NCM guide, and found the luci-proto-3g package but i don’t know it real purpose. Is there a way to see in web-ui the LTE signal quality ?
  • better for tweaking, is there a way to get gps data from the card and to track gps position and signal-info to map signal quality and find the best spot ?

PS : i also found this LTE-RF-Optimization-Guide but i don’t know what is applicable in my case.
PS2: on an other turris i will configure LTE as failover with Mwan3, i’ve found the guide, but there is no wizzard nor web-ui. Does such a thing is planned ? By turris ? By OpenWrt community ?

I have no more question about LTE on turris omnia for now,
Regards,
1000i100

is better send your questions on this email tech(dot)support(at)turris(dot)cz