Installing YAMon (3.3.0) on the Omnia (3.7.1)

I just tried it… it wasn’t so straight forward, but I believe I managed to make it work.

The issue was that setup script created ‘www’ links in /tmp/www instead of /www/yamon/ which I think is the way to go on Omnia. There was also a weird cyclic link within /tmp/www
www -> /tmp/www

What I did was recreating that directory structure (same as it was created in /tmp/www) within /www/yamon and now I can access it via http://<router_ip>/yamon.

Looking at the “setup.sh log” and config.file, it looks like default is _wwwPath='/tmp/www/' and there is no interactive way to correct that. So I assume that fixing the config.file before/during running the setup.sh should fix the issue.

If this is really the case, I would suggest to add another question querying for the “www path” considering that I am already asked whether I want to create symlinks in step 7, just cannot influence where the script is going to put them.

I believe there are still more things I should configure manually like _bridgeMAC, _bridgeIP and so on.
I will go through it few more times tomorrow to figure it out. (had a very long day today, so no more brain capacity to do it now :))

Anyway thank you for this version, if one manages to go through the config file and set it up correctly, it is now working on Omnia again.

Did you do this when installing?

I don’t believe this is a solution (although i did pretty much that at first). It kind of does the trick, but something tells me it is not going to work well after restart.
I think we should update config.file with proper www path.

I think we should update config.file with proper www path

Yes… this is the preferred solution. Thanks for your patience and help with this. I’m flying blind with Turris but I found out recently that my Turris router is enroute to Canada so I’ll have a proper test environment shortly. I’m so excited.

I found recently in LEDE (also an OpenWrt variant) that two additional steps were required to see the reports

1. add a symlink (in a PuTTY or terminal window, run ln -sf /tmp/www /www/user)
2. set the permissions to allow others to see /opt/YAMon3/www/yamon3.3.html
(easiest in WinSCP via a right click–>Permissions or in PuTTY chmod 704 /opt/YAMon3/www/yamon3.3.html)

I thought I’d fixed that in the latest setup but apparently not… grrrr… Please let me know if this helps.

Al

@Marek_Ruzicka Marek - thanks for the update. Setup.sh does have a prompt for _wwwPath but only if you’ve selected AsusWrt, Tomato or XWrt as the firmware. It’d be easy to add a similar prompt for Turris (or perhaps all firmware variants).

Why do you want to have things in http://<router_ip>/yamon? Is that standard in Turris or a personal preference?

Al

http://<router_ip>/yamon - makes most sense to me. Why should I want to have .../user/<whatever>?

Btw, I reinstalled it once again, with defaults + 2 steps you have mentioned and it works fine.
I just find the installation a bit too confusing.

Anyway, it’s amazing how it works considering that you are still waiting for you omnia :slight_smile:

I’ve gotten a lot of help from users literally around the world… I’m amazed how this little project has grown so much. I started the journey with DD-WRT and then found that YAMon also worked with Tomato, OpenWrt, then LEDE and X-wrt and also Turris.

I truly depend upon people who are sufficiently disgruntled that they’ll take the time to post… there is no way that I can test on my own all of the firmware variants (and the subtle discrepancies within them) plus all of the router configurations, etc.etc.

Al

2 Likes

I’ve just updated YAMon to version 3.3.5. A lot of files got minor updates so your best bet will be to run install.sh again.
(typically /opt/install.sh)

I just got my Turris and have made a large number of changes in setup.sh so hopefully that process with be smoother (in particular for Turris users but also across an ever expanding range of firmware variants - e.g., DD-WRT, OpenWrt, X-wrt, Tomato, AsusWRT, etc.).

As always, let me know if I’ve missed things or messed them up.

Thanks for your continued assistance.

Al

2 Likes

I got mine a week or so ago and have been getting up to speed with things (and making a number of updates to YAMon as a consequence). I like the router and the user interface a lot!

2 Likes

Congrats! Hope you’re enjoying your Turris!

1 Like

I got problem with live data tab. Current data are saved in file but on www is always 26.01.2018 i don’t even know from what file it reads that data. Is there any way to fix it?