Igmpproxy Turris 6.0

From my observations, the problem lies deeper then just firewall rules. And that is probably why it hasn’t been fixed yet. It’s probably a kernel issue, it could even be related to the built in hardware.

Around the same time igmpproxy stopped working on TOS, @X-dark and myself where seeing really strange behavior with IPv6, which only stopped after disabling IGMP-snooping on the router.

Now IGMP is purely IPv4, since IPv6 has its own mechanisms to handle multicast. I find it odd and highly unlikely that an IPv4 service affects the IPv6 protocol stack on other hosts in a dual-stack network environment. But it looks as this is just the case here.

So aside from the “niche case of dying linear TV” (pun intended), this looks like a deeply rooted and disturbing problem.

The Turris Team is aware of these problems:

On a another note, the main reason my provider stopped reselling Turris Omnia routers, was because they started to offer 10Gbit/s and 25Gbit/s subscriptions over FTTH (notably for the same price as their 1Gbit/s subscription), and the current Omnias can’t handle that. I’m assuming they will be glad to offer them again, as soon as newer models can sustain those bandwidths.

And me too, I would appreciate it, if the discussion here would move to the “General Feedback” area, unless you have a technical contribution to help users with this issue.