I try update Turris 1.x with OS 3.11.23 to OS 5.x

Thanks for letting this issue to us. We are aware of it, and we are looking into it.

2 Likes

Same issue on my Turris 1.x with OS 3.11.23

It’s going to be fixed once Turris OS 5.3.1 is released.

Thanks, when we can expect Turris OS 5.3.1?

I would say that we will release Turris OS 5.3.1 next week.

1 Like

Turris 1.1 - OS 3.11.23. It all looks okay. There’s no need for an update. :wink:

Anything new to that upgrade error? I’m also stuck with the error:

" Updater selhal:

[string “transaction”]:334: [string “transaction”]:158: Collisions:

• /usr/bin/gettext_filter: gettext (existing-file), gettext-tools (new-file)

• /usr/bin/gettext: gettext (existing-file), gettext-tools (new-file) "

I have the same issue while attempting an upgrade.

Getting spammed with:
## Error from 2021/11/22 13:46:51
Updater selhal:

[string "transaction"]:334: [string "transaction"]:158: Collisions:

• /usr/bin/gettext: gettext (existing-file), gettext-tools (new-file)

I have the exact same issue (Omnia, OS version 3.11.23).
Now even automatic updates are not working for me with identical error message.

Is there a manual workaround until patched 5.3.1 is released?

I’m also waiting for a solution. I can’t install packages that I need to use eg. OpenVPN. Every time I try to enter pkgupdate via ssh I get an error:

DIE:
[string "transaction"]:334: [string "transaction"]:158: Collisions:
• /usr/bin/gettext: gettext (existing-file), gettext-tools (new-file)
Aborted
1 Like

We released Turris OS 5.3.1 into the stable branch a few minutes ago, and the migration works. :white_check_mark:

1 Like

@Pepe, I just noticed and it looks like the upgrade went flawless, at first glance at least. Thank you for addressing this issue with 5.3.1.

2 Likes

@Pepe Upgrade now worked fine for me too, thanks a lot :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Pepe For me too. I’m so excited that my 6 year old router (Turris 1.1) is back to the current firmware version, TurrisOS 5 is a big leap forward. Thank you

1 Like

Upgrade went very well. No problems. It look and feels very nice :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, after a long time, we got so much positive feedback. :blush: I’m glad that it works for all of you guys — also, thanks for sharing it with us.

If you have any troubles, don’t hesitate to reach me or any colleagues. We plan that we would like to push automatic migration next week.

Well, today I noticed my Omnia is not accesible by web UI (no foris, reforis or luci).
It sometimes happened to me when the web interface got updated (500 server error) and router was not rebooted yet. But this time also SSH nor LuCi was not responding so I reset the router and it went into some kind of bootloop. Never getting past the phase when in would set custom led colors and still not responding web nor ssh interface.

Reset to previous snapshot did not resolve the issue. I ended up doing a factory reset using latest medkit from USB. So my upgrade issue got “resolved” too, just not the way I was hoping for. :cry:

Since I first encountered the upgrade issue I tried to uninstall the migration package in Forris but my router was still unable to perform updates. There is probably nothing left from the broken state, but I can try to provide more info if useful. (I have some configuration backups.)

I recall encountering this when I first did my upgrade from 3.x to 5.x. If you really want to roll back, you have to go two snapshots back.

There may be more information in one of the old migration threads here:

If you have any comfort with the command line, I would recommend getting a little familiar with schnapps. You may be able to get back to your working 3.11.23 install and re-try from there.

It probably would have helped to rollback more snapshots, damn. At least I got a fresh start. :slight_smile:

Thanks for pointing me to schnaps. It seems there are no old snapshots left after I did restore using the medkit. But it may come handy in future.

1 Like

At Turris OS 6.2.4 is now released - #22 by pander is a fix for this