How not to build your wireless network. Be considerate

I am on the channel…but no waiter…nobody is taking my jacket. How rude. They should fire both of them for being so rude to the customers :).

But good to know for the future.

It is easier than I imagined. First I thought I have to recompile ath or port a mips tool to arm :slight_smile: Thanks again you guys behaved correctly.

You said you have a better signal now.

What did you do? Only played a bit with the antenna’s by tilting them?

Very nice :heart_eyes: It´s funny, I had absolutely the same idea, but I have turris in rack, so I bought Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-AC-LR instead. Love this!

I can confirm. Signal quality is really good now.

Good option, too. I did not have Ubiquiti but another vendor (Aruba Networks).

What did you do? Only played a bit with the antenna’s by tilting them?

Any reason not to get the R11e-5HacD ?

The current 5 GHz is doing what it is doing already. So no need to buy something better, while the current one is working just fine.

I have also bought the 2.4 GHz one, but rather gonna use it as client and not as a wifi-network.

EDIT2: It’s better you would safe your money regarding the 5GHz network. In the future replace it with a wifi-card that supports MU-MIMO.

well, yes… the R11e-5HacT (D vs. T) is 3x3 MIMO capable (instead of 2x2) and costs just 4 euros more :wink:

but if you already have a WLE900VX in your router: just keep it, it’s not so much different

Yes, in fact. And a few other things. But as considered, this is not the right platform to discuss.

@dmq So i guess you cranked up that little boy as part of the total solution :joy: . Good for you man. Do keep certain knowledge to yourself, as you know this knowledge is harmful for one’s neighbor as many people don’t care they will mess up other peoples wifi.

EDIT2: BTW, keep in mind that the 5 GHz does NOT support beyond 20 dBm per chain. If you turn it to 2.4 GHz it supports up to 21 dBm.

http://www.compexshop.com/product_info.php?currency=CZK&products_id=452

* 2.4GHz maximum 21dBm output power
* 5GHz maximum 20dBm output power (per chain)

Most useful is antenna positioning and central placement of turris. That is mostly enough and after all the best advise.

Thanks, I tried to find IRC on omnia web page recently, but didnt found anything.