Guest Lan QoS Bandwidth

Hi,

Has anyone tested the guest wifi qos? Either I’m doing something wrong (most probably) or something isn’t working properly. I enabled guest wifi with lan qos with 10240 Kbs download (10 Mbs) and 1024 Kbs upload (1 Mbs), but when testing the speeds from within the guest wifi, I get speeds like 17 Mbs download (it’s a VERY old computer, don’t judge… lol) and 10 Mbs upload. What am I missing? Am I converting the bandwidth units wrong? Thank you.

the fields in qos configuration for up- and download are relative to the interface.
if you instantiate on an inwards-facing interface, the values (of your internet connection speed) need to be swapped.

Have you changed DHCP-Options in Luci for Guest network? If I remember correctly I had to leave it as it was. I wanted to use google DNSs but then QoS Bandwidth which I configured in Foris didnt work properly.

(or maybe any edit via Luci rewrite previous config from Foris )

Hi @hadc,

What do you mean? I tested the speed with speedtest.net. What should I do? Thanks

Hi @jork,

I only changed DHCP for LAN. Didn’t touch any configs for GUEST. Don’t know why it isn’t working…

So, when I disable the authoritative check box in Luci -> Network -> DHCP and DNS, Guest QoS works, but then I can’t get an ip adress everytime… Thoughts? Can anyone help with this?

Can you show your sqm settings? it’s in /etc/config/sqm

% sure, but i believe by default the guest lan is not shaped using sqm (but a single HTB instance, IIRC). It certainly should be possible to instantiate sqm for the guest lan, assuming one knows the relevant interface. I might find time this weekend to look at that on my TO, but no guarantee…

Hi @quietsche,

sqm settings:

config queue 'eth1’
option enabled '0’
option interface 'eth1’
option download '85000’
option upload '10000’
option qdisc 'fq_codel’
option script 'simple.qos’
option qdisc_advanced '0’
option ingress_ecn 'ECN’
option egress_ecn 'ECN’
option qdisc_really_really_advanced '0’
option itarget 'auto’
option etarget 'auto’
option linklayer ‘none’

config queue 'guest_limit_turris’
option enabled '1’
option interface 'br-guest_turris’
option qdisc 'fq_codel’
option script 'simple.qos’
option link_layer 'none’
option verbosity '5’
option debug_logging '1’
option download '1024’
option upload ‘10240’

Download and upload are switched? In the foris config download is 10240 and upload is 1024. But nevertheless, no qos is being done. Thank you for your help.

Hi @moeller0,

I very much appreciate any help I can get. Thank you!