Foris not generating valid OpenVPN configurations in 3.11.1?

Many many thanks for that finding.
I used to use OpenVPN for a long time (from the beginning up to release 3.10.3 or 3.10.4 I suppose) for connecting two TOs, but only sporadically. And then it broke with some release, but I didn’t had the time to investigate and test to get it working again (among other things, the disctance is a problem).
It seems, I got it working again! :star_struck:

Sorry, I don’t trust the Foris OpenVPN plugin anymore.

I uninstalled:
foris-controller-openvpn-module 0.5.1-3.6-1
foris-openvpn-plugin 16.4-3.6-1
openvpn-openssl 2.4.6-2

I deleted /etc/config/openvpn & contents of /etc/ssl/ca/openvpn

I upgraded to Turris 3.11.3RC and, reinstalled OpenVPN via Foris Updater. Got a newly generated /etc/config/openvpn. Generated a new CA cert and client certs & conf using the Foris UI.

Still getting the same problem. The VPN will connect, but no packets are making it to the VPN LAN (10.111.111.1) and therefore not my remote LAN, nor the internet (when “All traffic through vpn” is on).

I can send all my configuration files, but they are the defaults generated by foris-openvpn-plugin. I recently restored my Turris from MedKit, and had previously (months ago now) had OpenVPN working fine. Is this a known problem? I see other complaining about it.

Any help appreciated. I have already spent more time on this than is reasonable. Thanks!

Please don’t reply to thread, which are old for about a month.

If you’re interested what happened, look to the issue on our Gitlab:

and also Turris OS 3.11.3 RC thread