Foris and Reforis do not work, 503/500 response

Hello there!

I just started using a Mox Router and experienced that after directly updating the device to latest version (5.1.10) with Foris, Foris and Reforis stopped working after reboot. Luci and the start page is still working fine.
When calling either of them, it responds with 500 or 503. When looking at CPU usage, both cores are on 100% most of the time (2.28, 2.25, 2.26).

Also, it seems that both Foris and ReForis are on restarting loop.

Some log from lighttpd:

2021-03-09 15:36:10: (gw_backend.c.468) unlink /tmp/fastcgi.foris-config.socket-0 after connect failed: Connection refused 
2021-03-09 15:36:12: (gw_backend.c.324) child exited: 1 unix:/tmp/fastcgi.reforis.socket-0 
2021-03-09 15:36:13: (gw_backend.c.468) unlink /tmp/fastcgi.reforis.socket-0 after connect failed: Connection refused 
2021-03-09 15:36:14: (http-header-glue.c.1286) read(): Connection reset by peer 10 11 
2021-03-09 15:36:14: (gw_backend.c.2125) response not received, request sent: 943 on socket: unix:/tmp/fastcgi.foris-config.socket-0 for /foris/config?, closing connection 
2021-03-09 15:36:14: (gw_backend.c.324) child exited: 1 unix:/tmp/fastcgi.foris-config.socket-0 
2021-03-09 15:36:14: (gw_backend.c.468) unlink /tmp/fastcgi.foris-config.socket-0 after connect failed: Connection refused 

Also, some packages seem to not be updated or found (since I can’t install them with opkg)

root@turris:~# pkgupdate
INFO:Target Turris OS: 5.1.10
WARN:Requested package luci-i18n-sqm-en that is missing, ignoring as requested.
WARN:Requested package luci-i18n-sqm-de that is missing, ignoring as requested.
WARN:Requested package foris-pakon-plugin-l10n-de that is missing, ignoring as requested.
WARN:Requested package foris-storage-plugin-l10n-de that is missing, ignoring as requested.
WARN:Requested package reforis-data-collection-plugin-l10n-de that is missing, ignoring as requested.
WARN:Requested package reforis-diagnostics-plugin-l10n-de that is missing, ignoring as requested.
WARN:Requested package reforis-openvpn-plugin-l10n-de that is missing, ignoring as requested.
WARN:Requested package reforis-snapshots-plugin-l10n-de that is missing, ignoring as requested.

I did not found any solution in existing threads working and I am not really sure where to start.

Does someone have an idea on how to solve or better debug into this issue?

Also, some packages seem to not be updated or found (since I can’t install them with opkg)

This is not an issue. Those are just missing translations for some packages. Nobody simply translated that piece of software so there is nothing to install.

Also, it seems that both Foris and ReForis are on restarting loop.

From log you provided it is just visible that for some reason Foris and reForis fails to start. My guess would be that you foris-controller is not running. Please verify that it is running or restart it using /etc/init.d/foris-controller restart. Otherwise feel free to contact support.

Hi! Thanks for your answer.

Sadly that did not solved the problem.

I digged a bit deeper, and found that it is because of fosquitto failed to start for some reason when the device starts.

After stating it manually and restarting foris-ws, it works fine for some reason.

I do not really get why it won’t init when the device starts. I verified that it is activated to init on startup. I do not found logs according to start of fosquitto, do you have an idea where to find them?

Hello there!

This problem still existing for me. Currently I not really digged deeper, currently I am able to temporary (until next restart) fix it by restarting fosquitto, after that I need to restart foris-controller and foris-ws service. After that CPU usage does down and everything is running fine. Since this does not seem to be a standard problem, I will need to dig deeper when I got time or contact support.