Forcing packages to not install in 4.0?

I’d like to compare results from using kmod-ath10k-ct with the plain kmod-ath10k, but the -ct version seems to be part of the base system. I’m trying to use this in /etc/updater/conf.d:

Uninstall("kmod-ath10k-ct", {priority=100})
Install("kmod-ath10k", {priority=100})

but when I run pkgupdate:

# pkgupdate
INFO:Target Turris OS: 4.0-beta9
WARN:Package wpad is in cyclic dependency. It might fail its post-install script.
WARN:Package hostapd is in cyclic dependency. It might fail its post-install script.
WARN:Request not satisfied to uninstall package: kmod-ath10k-ct
INFO:Queue install of kmod-ath10k-ct/core/4.14.137+2018-03-16-30827f7d-3-8c4877ae425274573602f43f08df6e33.2
INFO:Queue removal of kmod-ath10k
Press return to continue, CTRL+C to abort

How do you force something to stay uninstalled in 4.0?

1 Like

Forcing packages to stay uninstalled is working the same way as in TOS 3.x. There is different problem. In 4.0+ on Mox we switched to ct drivers in default install and we marked them as criticaly requested. This means that there is no way to uninstall them.

How it works in other routers and 3.x releases is that ct drivers provide non-ct ones. That means that that specific request is fulfilled with ct drivers. There is no provide the other way around. That is the reason why you are not able to switch.

I am going to mark non-ct drivers as critical for all routers and there will be just plain request for ct drivers in base install. This shoul make you code work. I will do it on mo day.