Extremely slow, don't know where to start

It sends one query per second (by default) but only replies are printed.

You most likely don’t need to run such probes from the router. Any machine behind it should be sufficient.

I had exactly the same issue some weeks ago.
Did a quickfix by changing the DNS to Google in Turris Omnia and added in addition the 8.8.8.8 as DNS forward address via LuCI.

There was no time to dig into it in detail.

So then what do you suggest?

Set in Foris the DNS Provider to Google and add in LuCI (Network → DHCP and DNS) 8.8.8.8 for DNS forwarding.

It is my configuration with cloudflare. Currently I use google.

Regarding bridging mode, this is what my ISP says:

Is there a tutorial somewhere how I can configure the PPPoE on the omnia?

https://docs.turris.cz/basics/foris/wan/foris_wan/#pppoe-configuration

1 Like

You were right. I guess “bridge mode” is called “Monopuesto” in Spanish. So the steps, because I had been formerly using my ISP router for all my devices. Specifically, the problem was that using the NAT capabilities of my ISP router were somehow interfering with my requests. It was unexpected because it like sort of worked, but it just didn’t work well. See the above ping reports in this thread to see the behavior. To fix it was:

1. Turn on “bridging mode” on my ISP router
  2. Configure the PPPoE on the Omnia WAN, which required a username and password, which was luckily available on a public forum of my ISP. (I am not even sure what the purpose of this password is if everyone has the same one and it’s available in a public form)

So now my question is why this is happening. Does anyone know why the requests from my device via the omnia router to my ISP router would be slower and less consistently served vs the requests directly from my device to the ISP router (without the omnia)? Is Bridging Mode (Monopuesto) meaning that my ISP router is not a router at all, instead it just passes the connection straight through without any routing or filtering?
Part of the reason I got the Omnia was because I want to learn more about networking, so any answers or reading references would be valued here.

Thanks to this community, what great responsiveness!

Yes, it only acts as modem now and does not interfere with routing or other network related matters such as NAT.

More home routers with NAT behind never works well.

1 Like

You could also try DMZ. For me it works as my ISP does not allow bridge mode on home connections.