Dual-band Wi-Fi antennas

Hi guys,

To save some dosh on this lovely but pretty expensive gadget I opted for the “no Wi-Fi” perk (and then upgraded to 2 GB of RAM… :slight_smile: ) I’m wondering if it would be possible to purchase the Wi-Fi antennas used for the Omnia separately? I would love to have matching antennas and not have to mess around trying to find good quality ones that will fit the case…

Would you be able to order some spare antennas from your supplier? I wouldn’t be surprised if I wasn’t the only one interested :wink:

I’d much appreciate it!

Cheers
Pete

i only know that antennas come from sectron.cz… but if you plan to use a 2.4 + a 5GHz card you’ll also need those signal combiners if you want to use those dual-band antennas… but there should be 5 holes in the case, so you can also choose a different configuration

Thanks for the info. I plan on using a dual-band 3x3 card from Compex (they’re Czech, quite surprised :slight_smile: - WLE900VX-7A and Sectron have hardly any dual-band antennas. Looks like I’ll have to look elsewhere. If anybody has any tips on good quality dualband RP-SMA antennas please let me know :slight_smile:

Do note that with just WLE900VX-7A you’ll only be able to set up either 2.4 or 5GHz network, but not both - for that you’ll need two cards (Omnia ships with WLE200N2).

Hi ender, thanks for pointing that out, didn’t actually realize that to be honest. I was wondering why they’re shipping two cards in Omnia :slight_smile:
I shall have to order one of them WLE200N2 cards then.
Also, it will no doubt be much better to get separate 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz antennas in this case.