Docker on Turris OS 6

Has anybody tried to enable docker support on Turris OS 6?

I have installed it but it was automatically uninstalled after an hour (v6.0.3):

Changes performed by updater at 2022-11-30T21:52:55+00:00
• Removed package uxc version 2021-03-08-2cfc26f8-2
• Removed package luci-lib-docker version git-21.167.46325-83f6606
• Removed package docker version 20.10.17-1

Is it because I have LXC enabled and running? Would removing LXC prevent uninstalling docker?

1 Like

Docker is independent of lxc you can have both. I am using it.

Also there is dependency hell with openssl lib for the luci-app-docker but if you use only CLI of docker without LuCi app it works just fine.

1 Like

I confirm docker works for me now - it seems some glitch presumably after 6.0.3 update which was fixed by restart.

I can run Home Assistant via docker just fine now which is great!

1 Like

Hi,
what version of home assistant are you using? I’m trying these versions https://hub.docker.com/r/homeassistant/armv7-homeassistant or homeassistant/armv7-hassio-supervisor. But there is problem with starting.
Could you help me, please?

1 Like

I use standard docker container installation:

docker run -d --name homeassistant --privileged --restart=unless-stopped -e TZ=Europe/Prague -v /srv/ha_config:/config --network=host ghcr.io/home-assistant/home-assistant:stable

There is external disk mounted to /srv.

My steps to install and set up docker to save containers to external disk (I hope I remember these steps correctly):

1. Install docker from command line: opkg install docker
  2. stop docker: service dockerd stop
  3. Edit config vi /etc/config/dockerd and update data_root path to external disk:
    option data_root '/srv/docker/'
  4. start docker: service dockerd start
2 Likes

Thank you,
now docker and home assistant already is running.

But I don´t see HA over the browser. I use my “IProuter:8123”.

I had problem in config. Now it´s ok.
Thanks