Confused about moving /srv to external drive

In Foris > Config > Storage, there is an option to “Format and set” a partition on the mSATA drive I’m using. There is a warning “Device currently in use is mmcblk0p1 (internal flash).”

As I am already using the drive for mounting /srv/lxc and general persistent storage (it’s fully provisioned with no unpartitioned free space), I am unclear why I see this warning about using internal flash. Am I meant to wipe the drive and start all over, so that the Omnia uses the mSATA drive for all of /srv/? I thought I had taken the necessary steps already to preserve the internal flash memory by moving my LXC containers there, and using the rest of the available free space for permanent storage.

Should I just ignore this warning, and consider the error message a bug? Put differently, is there a lot of read/write activity to /srv/not including LXC containers? I’d like to confirm all the effort is worth it before deciding if the message is safe to ignore.

1 Like

I have same experience - the addon is quite confusing and happily suggests to format disks which are already being used for /srv. It would be great it would recognize this and avoid the warning in such case.

2 Likes

So, even though I’m told that “Device currently in use is mmcblk0p1 (rootfs).” has /srv been moved to my external USB flash drive, sda? How can I confirm this?

Despite formatting and rebooting, I can’t get rid of this warning, and it is unsettling. I recently had to restore from the Medkit because my internal drive was full despite having manually moved my lxc to an external flash drive. I want to ensure this doesn’t happen again.

I had the same issue not long ago when I decided it was time for a factory reset and a fresh start. The experience was very poor, with the GUI guided formatting failing repeatedly, and in the end I had to use SSH to manually format and partition the drive and edit fstab (using /srv and not /srv/lxc). The warning went away after that.

I can’t recommend this device for anyone but the most experienced or determined users, it is not easy going at all so good luck.

1 Like