Can not use Reforis on TOS 5+ - ControllerMissing

Same here. After updating Turris Omnia 3.X to 5.X, reforis doesn’t work…

Update: I’ve tried to reinstall it just in case but still not working.

Problem solved. I followed the thread “Optional migration from Turris OS 3.x for advanced users” since I also got errors in the advanced administration, ‘Software’ when trying to list packages. Changing to the alternate update repository worked and I was able to list available packages. Suspecting the problem to be related to missing components in Reforis, I searched for that keyword and saw that some of the plugins listed were not installed. I installed them and now it works.

The team at Turris did a great job with the new interface.

Do you mind to list the packages/plugins you installed to fix the issue? All of them?
Thanks!

Edit: In any case, I’ve installed all reforis plugins and it works :slight_smile:

reforis
reforis-diagnostics-plugin
reforis-netboot-plugin
reforis-netmetr-plugin
reforis-remote-devices-plugin
reforis-snapshots-plugin

1 Like

Awesome!

Installing the missing rforis-plugins also fixed it for me.

Thanks a heap!

This module fixed my issue: reforis-netboot-plugin

When will be this fixed in tos3to4?

1 Like

Right now, the fix is in the HBK branch. It will be part of Turris OS 5.1.4.

1 Like

I have similar issue on HBS branch:
Turris OS version 5.1.3
Turris OS branch hbs
Kernel version 4.14.202

You can see the answer above.

I am on TurrisOS 5.1.4 and I have a similar Issue.
Is the solution still the same as stated above?

Were you using opt-in migration?

Is that the one that was in the package manager? I used that one :smiley:
And I already cleaned /etc/updater/conf.d/opkg-auto.lua

Edit:

1. Cleaned /etc/updater/conf.d/opkg-auto.lua off unecessary entries
  2. opkg-cl update
  3. opkg install reforis reforis-diagnostics-plugin reforis-netboot-plugin reforis-netmetr-plugin reforis-remote-devices-plugin reforis-snapshots-plugin
  4. Profit

It seems it is still not fixed.
I was migrated today from TOS 3 to 5.2.7 and reforis did not worked for me too.
I fixed it by

opkg-cl update
opkg install reforis-netboot-plugin

Same here, updated just now. Your solution also worked for me.

I got same issue, resolved it. But why do I need reforis netboot?
I noticed that it is consuming most of the resources now. That does not seem to be clever.

Yep, My dear @viktor - it still has not been fixed.

The issue seems to be that you have explicit configuration foris-controller.ubus=ubus in the UCI. The reForis works only with mqtt bus. The enough fix should be:

uci set foris-controller.ubus=mqtt
uci commit foris-controller
/etc/init.d/foris-controller

The Turris OS 5.3.0 is going to remove the ability to run foris-controller on any other bus than MQTT and thus resolving this issue.

Why installation of reforis-netboot-plugin helped is because it pulled in reforis-remote-devices-plugin and that depends on foris-controller-subordinates-module which works only with MQTT so it forces foris-controller to switch to it. It should be safe to remove netboot once you set MQTT as the foris-controller’s bus or after Turris OS 5.3.0 release.

I’m on 5.3.3 and have just been surprised with this same issue.

Going thorugh the thread, I also installed reforis-netboot-plugin which sorted it out, but then went through the fix in foris-controller, which seems to work as @cynerd says even after removing the netboot package.

I have checked /etc/config/foris-controller before issuing the uci command, and the line config mqtt 'ubus' was not present.

1 Like

My MOX reForis is inaccessbile since last updates due the ControllerMissing error.