Box for Board Only

You would be best if you upload file witch this 3D img. As i mentioned before for people which don´t know make in 3D programs :slight_smile:

Soon probably make that draft available, but still fine tuning it, as tolerances, holes etc.

Assumptions project:

• plywood (laser cut) or plexiglas (water cut) 3mm
  • 120mm fan mount
  • from the front notch on the LCD 4x20 characters
  • place on 2 disks for HDD 3.5-inch or 2.5-inch (2.5-inch - adapter)
  • 7 holes for pigtails wifi and LTE

If someone has suggestions on what else to add to a project, please write.

Just small warning. I am not expert (I am just programmer not HW developer), but I would suggest always use fan in closed wooden case, because wood is insulator and TO can get pretty hot.

My housing project assumes the use of a fan with a diameter of 120mm.

Hi, do you have any update of your work of art :smiley: ? I would like to use your box… I still have not place for my turris :cry:

Soon, I had problems with the relevant entry to the DXF file, but I solved the problem by saving to PDF, to laser cutting.
The casing is already in the production phase, I expect her next week.

Little changed from the last presentation in this thread my project:

I hope that my first such project does not fizzle out

1 Like

Your box seems just what I need ! Keep up the good work and please keep us posted :slight_smile:

It would also be great if we had the cad files for the original cases (also for hacker/nas case). It’ll make it easier for the rest of us to have a base design to work with.

Hello.
In the end I came to cut plywood :slight_smile:
As it happens in life it does not always go like you wanted to.
The primary concern was that the plywood is not perfectly straight, but bends - this problem could be solved the same if I got some information from the contractor that the tolerance to accept the cutting laser. I wanted that all parts are on the crowd. It turned out that after measuring is something like 0.15mm too little on the cut line.
The second problem is that the holes for the LEDs and the notches on the LAN ports practically adjacent to each other, apparently you need to enlarge each with a minimum of 0.1mm.
Well, it remained the most important - way of screwing together all.
This problem is connected with the first problem.Here everything had to stick to itself.

OK - the end of sorrows :stuck_out_tongue: have to show how it came out:

Well, I promised to issue a public 3D files: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xihhkubdeearcnu/AAAgWi786rVtMF4ATJb_z-yya?dl=0

2 Likes

Please write if you have any ideas as to rearrange in order to better adapt housing to manufacturing / assembly?