5GHz not working

No. Power consumption 0.4W idle / 1.2 (TYP) read / 1.8W (TYP) write
(https://www.kingston.com/datasheets/sms200s3_en.pdf)

Hi,
I found temporary solution for my problem with 5GHz (when it does not appear, I have to reboot router and then it appears). I made a script which checks if 5GHz adapter is working. If 5GHz adapter is not recognized, then router reboots. This script is called from cron every minute, so after maintenance reboot (during night) router reboots second time until 5GHz is working.

1 Like

how many times (in average) do you need to reboot your router, in order to get the 5GHz card working? Just once?
I’m now trying to reboot it for like 10th time over and over, the card is still not recognized. It does only get recognized after a cold start (literally “cold”, as it needs to be unplugged for some 15-20 minutes)

For me it works pretty well with just one reboot (every second reboot has 2.4+5.8).

My msata a lot is empty as I prepared to install a drive but have not yet bought one. So the wireless card that sat there was moved before I even booted up the omnia the first time.

After a warm boot / restart I do have noticed the 5ghz card take perhaps 30-50 seconds longer to make it self available.
But I have never been forced to do a second reboot.