5.0 Mox SDIO Wifi System Crash

I’ve got a Mox with the SDIO for 2.4 GHz and a wle1216v5-20 for 5.0 GHz. The WLE works fine. However, with the following configuration, although everything works fine at first, the MOX crashes within several minutes of startup (the light stops blinking on the front, no access to it possible):

config wifi-iface ‘default_radio1’
option device ‘radio1’
option network ‘lan’
option mode ‘ap’
option ssid ‘
option hidden ‘1’
option key '

option encryption ‘psk2+ccmp’

radio0 corresponds to my WLE: “Qualcomm Atheros QCA9984 802.11acn”
radio1 corresponds to the SDIO “Generic MAC80211 802.11acbgn” (Is that even the right identifier? I googled and tried different drivers but I’m not getting anything more specific than the Generic one)

1 Like

MOX SDIO firmware contain many serious issues preventing it’s basic daily use.

You can try to use older firmware without newest security fixes, but other user report same problem with it.

Hello,

I have Mox Classic too and I can recomend this :

• try to use Turris OS 5.x
  • do not use any built-in wifi card and Mox will be rock-stable
  • I use Mox as classic router without wifi, I have connected Raspberry Pi 3+ via patchcord and Raspberry makes for me wifi ( project https://github.com/billz/raspap-webgui , raspi can do 2,4 or 5 GHz wifi )
  • combination of Mox without wifi with Turris Os 5.x and raspi as wifi is rock-stable
  • due to instable drivers for built-in wifi cards is not Mox usable with wifi, without wifi is very good and stable

Since it isn’t looking good using the SDIO chip, I ended up using my MOX B module to add a second wifi card (WLE900VX). Works great. It’s a shame the SDIO wifi component is garbage though.

Waste is firmware, hopefully not card, but it’s necessary to obtain the new one.