3.7.3 in RC with fixes and new updater

Dear Turris testers,
we just released Turris OS 3.7.3 into RC branch. It is a small update focused on security issues in tcpdump and some our fixes.

Changes are:

• tcpdump: seurity fixes
  • updater: fixes of minor bugs
  • pakon-guts: less verbosity in logs

The whole Turris team wishes you happy testing and we are looking forward to reading your feedback!

3 Likes

thanks for info Vaclav if is not secret can you more explain what fixes TurrisTeam make for updater ?

1 Like

That’s not a secret…that’s my bug that I don’t know. :confused:

So, yes, it is a little bit secret what is under “fixing various small errors”. I would say “dev knows”…it is like god knows :pray: but more nerdy :nerd:

So @cynerd, can you tell us? Please :innocent:

3 Likes

There was a bug in updater-migrate script causing to be error reported even when there was no error as updater wasn’t instructed to close state log. In reality I forgot to add single switch to single shell script. That’s it.

In previous Turris OS release (3.7.2) there were more fixes, but once again those were just some forgotten lines and such that would cause problems during update to planned Turris OS 3.8.

There was nothing that would be major. Even this post is longer than those changes are. If you are interested in changes in updater you can found more information in tag messages in git as writing them to changelog would be mostly excessive.

4 Likes

3.7.2 had been released few minutes ago. Share your thoughts in the corresponding topic.